Kuglar Law represents individual and corporate insureds in connection with coverage under D&O policies. Even if coverage is deemed to exist, disputes over retention amounts and payment of defense costs may require attorney representation.
- Successfully negotiated $1 million in coverage for a former CEO indicted for wire/bank fraud under D&O policy. Issues include the Self-Insured Retention amounts and applicability of various exclusions.
- Litigated dispute over D&O policy in the Eastern District of Virginia and Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Served as insurance coverage counsel to former D&Os of failed Georgia bank in FDIC suit.
- Represented former D&Os of failed bank in connection with insurance coverage in potential FDIC suit.
- Advising current D&Os of financial institutions in connection with D&O insurance coverage and changes resulting from policy renewal terms, changes in control, and governmental liquidation.