Craig was a member of Alston & Bird, LLP’s Securities Litigation Practice Group from 1999 to 2008. Craig’s securities litigation experience includes representing both plaintiffs and defendants in securities cases, representing companies and/or their executives in internal investigations, and representation of clients before the United States Securities & Exchange Commission and state securities commissioners.
- Kuglar Law is currently representing two former officers of a publicly traded company in a suit in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia brought by a private investment firm that claims to have invested $34 million in the company. The securities fraud action alleges misrepresentations and omissions made in various public filings and offering documents. Defendants have filed a motion to dismiss and intend to vigorously defend the lawsuit.
- Kuglar Law is currently representing an Atlanta-based hedge fund investor in a suit in Fulton County, Georgia. The action alleges that the general partner of the fund violated fund documents pertaining to withdrawals and lock downs.
- In 2017, Kuglar Law brought suit in and obtained a confidential settlement on behalf of a profit sharing plan. The suit, filed in Georgia state court, alleged that the plan’s former consultant misappropriated certain funds intended to be invested in the plan.
- In 2015, Kuglar Law obtained a confidential settlement on behalf of international hedge fund investors from Monaco and Canada who applied to invest $5 million in a hedge fund shortly before it suffered massive losses. The suit, filed in Cook County, Illinois, alleged that the general partner of the fund improperly converted the investor money and misrepresented the fund mandate.
- In 2014, Kuglar Law obtained a confidential settlement on behalf of father and son investors in a suit against their former financial planner in Rome, Georgia. The investors allege that their financial planner mismanaged $10 million in assets they obtained from a mineral rights trust.
- In 2014, Kuglar Law represented an Atlanta-based liquor distributor in a derivative action brought by the company’s 50 percent shareholder.
- In 2013, Kuglar Law obtained a confidential settlement on behalf of a minority shareholder of a life sciences company. Kuglar Law represented the client in three separate lawsuits in Virginia and Delaware.
- At his former firm, Craig Kuglar served as counsel in In re Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc. Securities Litigation (S.D.N.Y.) (Counsel to Company), In re Tyco (Counsel to divisional CFO in SEC proceedings), In re Enron Corp. (Counsel to Bankruptcy Examiner), In re Adelphia MDL (S.D.N.Y.) (Counsel to public company accused of aiding/abetting Adelphia), In re Pharmerica, Inc. Securities Litigation (M.D. Fl.) (Counsel to Company) and In re Highwoods, Inc. Securities Litigation (D. Kan.) (Counsel to Company).
- “Impact of Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 23(f) on Securities Class Action Litigation,” Securities Litigation: Forms & Analysis.
- Co-author, “Litigating Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act: Practical Thoughts on Key Issues,” The Trial Lawyer, Vol. 24, 168-180.